About Us

 

 

Billericay Spiritualist Centre.

The Billericay Spiritualist Church/Centre is believed to have been started sometime in 1945 in the Co-op/Labour rooms above the Blue Boar in the High Street.

By the early 1960s, the President was a Mrs. Iset Harper and the Secretary was Mrs. Lucy Hale.

In approximately 1966, Bob Johnson became Secretary and then became President in 1968. At the same time, his wife, Muriel became Secretary and this remained unchanged until 1995. During this time, Jeff Hume was Healing Group Leader.

In 1980, the Co-op rooms became unavailable. Sunday services were then held in the Reading Rooms in the High Street, near Barclays Bank and the Tuesday meetings were held in the Quaker ‘Friends Meeting House’ in School Road.

After Bob Johnson resigned in 1995, Stephen Brame became President and he and his wife, Elaine, were instrumental in the purchase of the Jehovah’s Witness ‘Kingdom Hall’ in December 1998 after a twenty year fundraising campaign by members and where the Billericay Spiritualist Centre remains to this day. The first service in the new Centre was chaired by Debbie Shotliff on 24th January 1999.

After Stephen Brame’s resignation in 1998, Debbie Shotliff (now Malyon) stepped up from Vice-President to become President.

For further reading on the History of Spiritualism Click Here

 
Visiting or Contacting Us:

By Post.
Billericay Spiritualist Centre
16 West Park Crescent,
(off Tanfield Drive)
Billericay,
Essex CM12 9ED

Map
View on Larger Map

By Email.
billericayspiritualistcentre@hotmail.co.uk

www.billericayspiritualistcentre.org.uk

By Telephone
01268416787 or 07765457445

 

Affiliations and Memberships:

 

Billericay Spiritualist Centre is affiliated to the Spiritualists' National Union.